Modern wireless vacuum cleaners for the house are used as an independent cleaning tool and paired with more powerful, but large and heavy units. In the second case, light models are convenient for daily use, and large vacuum cleaners are used for general cleaning and elimination of complex contaminants. A variety of battery models and constant improvement of design by well-known manufacturers allow choosing a wireless vacuum cleaner that fully meets the needs.
Wireless home vacuum cleaner characteristics
A distinctive feature of wireless models is battery operation and there is no need to connect household appliances to the network. This not only saves time and reduces the complexity of cleaning, but also allows you to perform cleaning where there is no possibility of connection to a standard household electricity network. Compactness and light weight is the second characteristic feature of wireless products, most of which are designed specifically as a mobile, easy-to-transport technique. On the one hand, to achieve these characteristics, manufacturers sometimes install smaller engines and smaller capacity containers for collecting dust, which some users recognize as the disadvantages of small vacuum cleaners. On the other hand, mobility of household appliances makes it possible to easily move it for cleaning in a car, carry it up the stairs (to the second floor of the cottage, to the attic, to the basement, etc.).
Less pressure on the exhaust filter: bag or cyclone?
The suction power of the vacuum cleaner appreciably decreases as the bag is filled, hence the cleaning efficiency decreases. Therefore, the bag is usually changed ahead of time, without waiting for the signals of the system. This is good for the exhaust filter: in cyclones, when the container is already full, and the vacuum cleaner is working, some of the dust can go out and put the exhaust filter out of service before it is due.
On the other hand, multi-cyclone systems (the more cyclones, the better) effectively detain dust. Load on HEPA-filter in such models is minimal, as in vacuum cleaners with aquafilter. But in cheap container models on the exhaust filter there is a very high load and it will need to be changed as often as a bag in a bag model: no savings.
READ MORE: 23 best bagged canister vacuum bladifinyon
Kinds of models
Choosing a wireless vacuum cleaner – which is easier to determine, having an idea of their main types.
- Vertical is often called a mop-vacuum cleaner on the battery due to the similarity of the extrinsic kind and the principle of application. A long handle, inside which, as a rule, control and control elements of the equipment are placed, is connected to a universal brush or a special base for installing attachments from the kit. For ease of movement, vertical vacuum cleaners are supplied with rollers or small wheels. Among hand-held models, you can find a more expensive, but also more efficient wireless washing vacuum cleaner – these models are optimal for more effective cleaning of smooth floor coverings. Vertical hand-held portable vacuum cleaner
- Handheld wireless vacuum cleaners for the house are excellent for local cleaning (scattered loose products, garbage, etc.), as well as for cleaning furniture. In these cases, the presence of a long handle is not necessary, and in some cases it may interfere.
- Models 2 in 1 are universal and represent in most cases a vertical design with the possibility of detaching the handle, after which the main working unit with a nozzle forms a miniature hand assembly. In vacuum cleaners of this type, the controls are not located in the cavity of the handle.
- Robotic vacuum cleaners , not so long ago only described in fantasy novels as an attribute of the comfort of life of an uncertain future, have now become a reality. Common to all models of the principle of operation – the vacuum cleaner has an engine not only for rotating brushes that collect garbage, but also a motor for self-movement. For cleaning, user participation is required in minimum quantities (switching on and off, cleaning containers and filters of the simplest models) or not required at all (for the most advanced units). Movement on the floor area is carried out by means of various sensors, helping the vacuum cleaner to choose a route and to skirt obstacles. The functionality of robotic vacuum cleaners directly affects the cost of models. The most expensive wireless vacuum cleaners for this type are able to turn on at regular intervals, monitor the battery charge level and return to the base for recharging. Some models have the possibility of self-cleaning.
- Inexpensive wireless vacuum cleaner – the so-called elektrovenik or electric brush . Such models work mainly due to the rotation of the working nozzle and do not have a suction function. They are not suitable for general cleaning or sanitation of the room, but are excellent at daily removal of ubiquitous dust from hard surfaces of the floor (laminate, linoleum, parquet, tile, carpet).
In addition to the design of the wireless vacuum cleaner, when selecting , pay attention to the type of battery used .
- It will last longer and with a larger size will have a larger capacity lithium battery.
- Nickel batteries, other things being equal, provide a shorter runtime without recharging, but also cost significantly less.
In addition to the design and type of battery, the criteria for choosing a wireless vacuum cleaner are:
- time of continuous operation without recharging
- time required to fully recover the battery
- functionality (wet, dry cleaning, additional features)
- the weight
Consider the ergonomics of the unit:
- the location of the center of gravity
- the presence of a telescopic handle in vertical models, 2 in 1 products and electric brushes
- the use of non-slip coating on the handle
- the design of a universal brush or nozzles.
Advantages and disadvantages
If you compare wireless vacuum cleaners for home, user feedback will help to form an idea of the merits and demerits of household appliances of this type.
Advantages of this technique should be considered:
- the ability to clean without access to the power network
- reduction of cleaning time,
- reduction of labor intensity of the process.
Disadvantages of this type of equipment:
- limited scope of application (only light cleaning, cleaning of small apartments, cleaning of car parlors, etc.) except for cutting-edge models of well-known brands with innovative engines that, at small dimensions, provide the power of household appliances comparable to classical models
- the need for frequent maintenance (cleaning of small containers for collecting dust and debris is carried out more often)
- use in the construction of lighter (to achieve a minimum possible weight), but less durable than metal, plastic parts
- a small period of continuous work
- long charging time
- need to be stored at an electrical outlet.
Note: Unlike many types of equipment that you need to “take off” from recharging while restoring the battery charge, the wireless vacuum cleaner is on the charging base all the time when it does not work. This does not reduce the characteristics of the battery
Also read: Best new vacuum cleaners revealed